Clean, optimized data is a key indicator of business success. In fact, research demonstrates that “bad data costs employees 27% of their workday and organizations $9.7 million on average each year.” Clean data is especially important for sales teams. Not only will clean data make your team more efficient, it will also ensure they are reaching out to targeted leads. Furthermore, clean data allows you to report accurately and make more informed business decisions.
In this post, we dive into all things clean data — what it really means, why it’s important, and how your business can utilize data to improve your sales process.
What is “Clean” Data?
Tableau defines cleaning data as “the process of fixing or removing incorrect, corrupted, incorrectly formatted, duplicate, or incomplete data within a dataset.” The ultimate goal is to keep the data as accurate as possible. This may involve anything from fixing spelling mistakes to deleting duplicate data points. It may also involve standardizing how data is entered to ensure consistency and clarity.
This process, when done manually, can be extremely tedious and time-consuming. This is why we recommend investing in AI-powered technology tools that can automate this process, saving your business time and money.
Why is “Clean Data” Important?
Clean data is important for many reasons. Clean data is quality data, which leads to error-free processes and improved productivity. HubSpot notes that optimized data “will not only prevent errors — it will prevent customer and employee frustration, increase productivity, and improve data analysis and decision-making.” As a result, your data analysis will be more accurate and detailed, as will the decisions that stem from that data analysis.
How Can Optimized Data Improve Sales?
Clean, error-free data allows your sales team to put their sales skills to better use. It also ensures the data is readily available for reporting and analysis. Here are a few other important ways optimized data can improve sales:
- Develop smarter, more personalized customer buyer journeys: Consumer behavioral data allows your team to tap into the buyer’s journey and understand where more targeted re-engagement opportunities would make sense. Optimized and personalized content leads to more conversions, and data can help your team achieve that.
- Optimize your sales forecasting strategy: Utilize clean data to better predict market data based on forecasted sales and demand.
- Offer competitive prices: Clean data can help you determine better price points to keep your pricing competitive, but also profitable.
- Improve customer engagement: Accurate data can provide your team with key insights into your customer’s engagement behaviors, leading to optimized content and more accurate engagement scoring. Interestingly, Forbes Insights tracked market leaders in ten industries and found that they “gained greater customer engagement and customer loyalty through the use of advanced analytics and Big Data.”
- Align your sales and marketing teams: Clean data is useful for every department within your organization. However, sales and marketing teams often work hand-in-hand, and accurate data analysis can streamline efforts.
How Plumly Can Help
If you’re looking to optimize your data and your sales process in the New Year, consider reaching out to Plumly. We understand that MSP sales teams work with large amounts of data, so streamlining the process of importing sales leads saves you time, facilitates better decision-making, and helps your team start more sales conversations. Our intelligent import tool ensures your data is complete, accurate, and scrubbed before it’s imported, so your workforce can be more time-efficient and cost-effective in performing all of their sales activities. Additionally, our automated data and lead import tool automatically processes raw data into your system and cleans imported data using AI-based algorithms, so you can analyze and utilize it more easily. Learn more about these features or schedule a demo with us today!